Established in 2008, AnyOption is one of the pioneers in binary trading industry. It is owned and operated by Ouroboros Derivatives Trading Limited and regulated by CySEC (Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission). The company is licensed under the CIF as 187/12.
Technically, the clients of the company enjoy the benefits of CySEC regulations as well as fall under the Investors Compensation Scheme that protects their funds. To help traders deal with the intricacies of trading AnyOption provides a comprehensive library of trading knowledge. With proper tips and pointers, new traders can easily trade assets at AnyOption.
Is AnyOption a Scam?
One of the first things that prove a website’s credibility is its geographical location. Sadly, AnyOption owners have neither published a valid business address, nor their contact number. This makes us wonder about the nature of their business.
Knowing that AnyOption is regulated by CySEC automatically puts their customers under investor compensation scheme. In other words, should AnyOption fail to fulfil its contractual obligations, traders can always file their claims (up to a maximum amount of 20,000 euros) under the jurisdiction of Cyprus authorities.
Other than being a regulated brokerage, AnyOptions attempted to prove its reliability by:
- Constantly improving their trade platform
- Making their policies as transparent as possible
- Enhancing the trading knowledge of their clients
Despite this, Binary Scam Adviser, a review website that verifies the credibility of trading platforms, has given it a 50% rating because many customers have reported it as scam. Many customers have complained of:
- The website making it impossible to withdraw winnings.
- Abruptly closing the account without notifying them.
- Taking a long time to compensate their funds.
- The customer representatives being less helpful and rude.
- Operating from Cyprus hence, if a trader is from somewhere outside Cyprus, he or she can’t fly to their country to retrieve their money, should a problem arise at their end.
All these factors reflect their poor business nature, hence the 50-50 rating. Since the website has earned mixed reviews on forums and review blogs, we recommend you to observe caution when dealing with the brokers.
Read all the terms and conditions related to trading before you open an account with AnyOption.
Trading Platform, Trading Options and Software
Unlike other brokers that use a standard trading platform, AnyOption uses a custom-tailored proprietary platform that has improved considerably since 2008. Their trading interface is precise, user-friendly, comprehensible and easy to navigate.
The Trading Screen
It displays up to 4 different assets on ‘profit line trading mode’ that helps you monitor them with ease.
Any Option Notification
This service keep customers updated by sending them SMS messages.
Bubble Trading Mode
“Bubbles” are circular dialogue boxes present on the right hand corner of the trading screen. On ‘Bubble trading mode’, the size and shape of the circular bubble corresponds with the potential returns on trades processed by them.
A large bubble denotes low potential returns because there are greater chances of winning the trade and vice versa. The unique thing about ‘bubble trading mode is that it helps you control your risk-reward ratio in a creative manner.
Different Types of Trade
As of now, AnyOption deals in 6 types of binary options, which include:
- Dynamics: A brand new feature that decides if the expiry price of your trades is below or above the predefined value.
- High/Low Binary Options: A classic binary option that lets traders predict if the current market price of their asset will end up lower or higher than the current value, after the expiry of the option contract.
- Bubbles: They’re circular dialogue boxes that let you set your risk-reward ratio by manipulating its shape.
- One Touch Option: This kind of trading is available at the weekends only. The feature lets trader predict if the current price of their asset will touch its strike price before the expiry of the option contract or not.
- Option Plus: Option+ lets traders close their trades before the expiry of its option contracts.
- Long Term Options: These binary options operate same as High/Low options with the exception that the expiry period is usually longer.
Now that we’re clear with different trade types offered by AnyOptions, let’s check out a set of rules laid by the website.
- Minimum Deposit Value of trades is 100 Euros
- Electronic payments are accepted via Moneybookers
- Other deposit moneys include credit/debit cards, wire transfers and electronic payments
- The website also includes Mastercard, Diner’s Club International and Visa credit cards
- You can transfer minimum 100 Euros via wire transfer
- Trading usually starts at $/€/£ 5
- Any Option offers over 200 different markets where traders can process their trade
- Any Option deals in stocks, indices, commodities and many different currency pairs
- One Touch Binary Option Trades take place on the weekends (that is Friday to Sunday), after usual trading hours.
Bonus & Promotions
Since AnyOption is regulated by CySEC, they don’t offer any special bonuses to tempt their customers. Nevertheless, they do have the provision of compensating 15% refund, if your option expires out of money.
We researched in this area, but didn’t find any details on AnyOption mobile app.
Different Types of Account Available
Unlike other binary options brokers that offer multiple trading accounts—both live and demo, Any Option offers just a single account. Their standard trading account requires traders to deposit at least 250 Euros to commence trade.
Like other binary options traders, the payout ratio offered by AnyOption depends on the asset type and expiry period. Nevertheless, the average payout percentage on High/Low trade is within the range of 65% to 71%. The maximum return is 71% so far. Expiry time is calculated on hourly basis.
As mentioned earlier, the company is CySEC regulated therefore, it’s mandatory for them to get all user accounts audited from time to time. The funds kept in segregate accounts are treated differently from trader’s funds.
Do they Offer a Demo Account?
Any Option is available in 13 countries. You can find the list of countries on their home page. The list may expand in future as the website is constantly expanding its trade on a worldwide basis.
- Comprehensive educational material on trading
- Advanced charts available on trading platform
- Broad ranging trade markets
- Intuitive, unique and novel trading platform
- Low returns than other brokers in the market
- Unavailability of a demo account with virtual money
- No bonuses or multiple trading accounts with perks
- Lack of proper information on trading accounts and practices
After studying AnyOption thoroughly, we conclude that despite having a novel trading platform, they still follow traditional practices. Compared to other brokers, they’re conservative in terms of trading. Nevertheless, they do provide helps to those who seek tips or guidance, which makes them a trusted brand. Then again, considering the negative reviews, you might want to stay a bit cautious while dealing with them.